Before moving forward with your shelter reservation, please thoroughly review the following information.
- NOVA Parks shelters are intended for use for a simple picnic consisting of food, beverage, guests and no more than one inflatable amusement device.
If your event is outside the scope of a simple picnic, a Special Use Permit and $25 non-refundable processing fee is required along with your reservation. This application does not reserve the shelter. The shelter reservation must be made separately. See below for more information.
- The Special Use Permit is required if:
- You are requesting two or more inflatable amusement devices
- You are requesting amusement devices such as rock walls, cotton candy machines, carnival rides, pony rides, food vendors, etc.
- You want to have a “public gathering”, such as a demonstration, picketing, speech making, parades, ceremonies, meetings, rallies, entertainment, games, shows, concerts and all other forms of public assembly.
- You would like to sponsor or arrange a public gathering of more than 75 persons upon property owned or operated by the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority.
CLICK HERE for Special Use Permit Application
New for 2014! Amusement devices such as inflatables, rock walls, etc. are permitted only at specific shelters equipped with electricity.
Only companies approved by NVRPA may rent and set-up such devices. The approved
companies have met certain minimum standards for safety. Privately owned equipment may
not be brought into the park. Rental of amusement device(s) shall include the presence of at
least one company operator (per device) during the entire time the equipment is onsite. The
renter may not substitute as an operator.
CLICK HERE for a list of approved providers
Great Blue Heron Catering is your one-stop event shop for food and alcoholic beverages.
- Sit back and enjoy the company of your guests while Great Blue Heron Catering takes care of all your food, beverage and alcohol needs including several menu options complete with tasty grilled items of your choice.
Alcohol is permitted at specific locations only and must be provided and served by Great Blue Heron Catering.
Please contact Great Blue Heron Catering for more information regarding your food, beverage and alcohol needs. Call 703-359-4610 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please CLICK HERE
to review the shelter reservation rules and regulations and cancellation policy.